Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil
- Carrot oil is an oily extract produced by maceration of Daucus carota roots in sunflower oil (Helianthus annuus) and contains carotenoids, vitamin E, vitamin A, fatty acids, and minerals.
- Carotenoids effectively prevent and control the production of free radicals. Besides preventing the generation of free radicals, these compounds also reduce free radical reactions and restrict oxidative/free radicals-induced damage.
- The antioxidant activity of vitamin E reduces the formation of lipoperoxides in the skin and protects the cells against free radicals, released by the lipoperoxides and involved in skin aging.
- Carrot is rich in carotenes, mainly β-carotene, which is the precursor of vitamin A. It has been confirmed that β-carotene also converts to this vitamin when applied topically.
- Vitamin A helps to maintain the normal conditions of the skin, contributes the proper skin metabolism, improves scars and dryness, and it also diminishes notably the effects that age causes on skin.
- Due to the Vitamin A, E and Fatty acid content, there is restoring activity on the skin barrier function.